Monday, June 29, 2009

Water................you never know how important it is until you don’t have any. You know when test the faucet and then test it again just by habit and nothing is there, and your silly mind keeps you coming back to try again. You instantly become so thirsty your sure you are going to die.
We are at the place in our “House Project” where Todd is hooking up new water heaters, a water softener and all new Pex water tubing, and that means the water has to be off!
And going through a list of what needs to be done takes about 27 seconds, doing what needs to be done takes about 27 hours.

Yesterday Todd had to shut off the water to the house, it is just part of the process, and by 10:30 p.m. he was so tired and not to a place where the water could be turned back on into the house, immediately I became so thirsty. All I could think of was Water! I need water! I am going to choke if I don’t have water! You just never know how precious it is until you can’t get it.
But we knew where we could find water so, we went to Casi and Macarti’s house and drank water and took showers, (I had a little brown-haired blue-eyed creature in my shower, no charge for that I’m sure), but the water washed off the sweat and dirt and I felt new, we went to the water.
We know that we can find that same newness in God’s word and it is like fresh, cool, clear, water. It quenches my soul and that dry, parched, helpless feeling leaves. His word hydrates my heart and mind. I think clearer and am calm if I par-take on a regular basis. Sometimes I take it for granite, I just don't think it is important, but sooner or later I have to go to the water, just like the water we have to have for our physical bodies, God’s word is needed for our spiritual bodies, we must drink often in order to be affective in our daily battle and to be a light to all we come in contact with and each morning we can start new, and unlike at our house, the water is there always, we just have to drink it up.

Psalm 23:1-3


The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul...

3 comments:

the lady of the house said...

Yeee Haw! Love the blinker and the background! So glad you have water in the bathroom now! Can't wait to brush my teeth there! Go Dad! It's your Birthday... wait that was a week ago! Love ya, SJ :)

Casi Jean Echeverria said...

I loved this blog mom! Water is the drink of life, physically and spiritually. Fill my cup Jesus with your living water, so i will thirst no more, but never be fully quenched so I will keep on needing and seeking YOU. Thank you GOD!! AMEN!! Love you MOM and DAD!!

Becky said...

I just read the comment you left on my blog. I have been without the internet for quite awhile (needed a new router?) and it was very frustrating. Didn't realize I would miss it so much. I enjoy reading your blog, I think I went back and read all of your posts. We have four daughters, ten grandchlildren - number 11 due in September- And the oldest is 7! God has introduced me to the world of boys through my grandsons and He truly did wire the little guys different from the gals. :) But what fun they are. God has truly blessed our family also. Good luck on your addition - we've just been doing small home improvement projects and Whew! I don't think we will ever finish. Looking forward to reading about more of your adventures.