Sunday, December 13, 2009

Master Bath-olicious

(not a real word Sam)

The way the master bath came together is far better than I thought. (Another Praise Jesus!)

I found the vanity on Lowe's on line clearance and thought it would work just fine. The tile was one of those, Help Me Jesus! and then the next thing I know we are over at my friends house to see their new tile and wow, I fell in love with it. She gave a square of their left over and I put it with the hard wood floors, it looked great, with the new paint on the walls, even better, the carpet...awesome, the vanity in the master bath? well, I just thought it will be ok. But I love the look of the tile and the "espresso" colored vanity, sharp and crisp. The rope baskets and bowls, I have been collecting for years, our middle daughter's wedding center pieces were rope baskets, made by two of my friends. I also had my friends make vases, bowls and lamps to use as accent pieces. We used atleast 50 of Todd's old head and heel ropes and old ropes from friends in order to get everything made. I loved doing that wedding.

Todd is installing the fixture and grouting today and that will almost complete this bath. We are presently saving for a shower door. They are pretty spendy. But everything is.

I am still like a little kid at Christmas. I still can't believe we have such a nice house. I am so very thankful.

This is Macarti's favorite tube, as you can see no one takes a bath without a full audience of tub toys. Boy if they could talk......:)

I have been purchasing towel sets for the new baths, I chose deep red and palomino. (ok, tan, but doesn't palomino sound better?)


Till Next Time, God Bless
Jackie

No comments: