Thursday, April 14, 2011

Count it all Joy
James 1:2-8
My brethren,  count it all joy when you fall into various trials,  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.  But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete,
lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of 
God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to  him.  But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who 
doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;
he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.
Last week I had a really bad day, not your everyday really bad day, but a sharp, snaggily, venom filled bad day. I was sure after this incident that I was nothing but worthless scum, no wait what is lower than scum……..well whatever that was me, and I was sure of it. Well it is not true, it is not true of me and it is not true of anyone. That is just one of Satan’s lies he uses to pull me and you down, and he works through different people and situations to do it. I fall for his schemes from time to time like when I am tired or anxious. Yeah, I allow Satan’s attacks to beat me down and the only thing that can stop it is getting into the word, focusing on God, abiding in him presents.
As a daughter of the King, I am worth everything, he cares about what I care about no matter how small.  I  am His.   By casting out every thought unto the obedience of Jesus Christ and by His grace I was able to 
stand up straight, forgive this person who wounded me and continue to press on toward the goal. I am so thankful for God’s unconditional Grace, Love and Mercy and that is what I must give to others, I do not hit it right on all the time, but he knows my heart and the intent thereof. So as I learn, grow and abide, I will count these trails and snares as Joy for the testing of my Faith produces fruit that can only come from abiding in God in this everyday life.

2 comments:

Laura Berreth said...

Hi, Jackie--when i read your blog I feel like I am in your living room visiting with you. It is so neat to sense your heart. You are a good writer! I can identify with your struggles to remember that it is all of grace, in spite of what the daily circumstances bring. We can go on walking and overflowing with gratitude for what He's done for us. Happy Easter--He lives! Laura

Sami Jo said...

It's SO hard to not get sucked in and be ugly. I get it! Great post, Ma. <3 sj