Monday, May 23, 2011

Think about what you are thinking about

When I am driving or waiting for an appointment and just have a few minutes to be still and think. I often think about the fact that God knows my every thought, good or bad, positive or negative, selfish or unselfish. To be honest I used to not have the most positive thoughts. Like if I would get frustrated with something or someone, I struggled with the self-control to not let these thoughts frustrate me. In turn these negative thoughts would sour my words with negativity. God's word tells me that the over flow of the heart the mouth speaks, Matthew 12:34.God knows my heart he knows the intent of it. I thought about this for a long time and knew that if I  sincerely want to be a  light I have to control my thoughts, when I have a bad thought I have to turn it over to the Lord and focus on the unconditional love he shows me and that I must show others. I can hate the sin but love the sinner through Christ. I pray that God will make me mindful of my thoughts and rather they were uplifting and encouraging. So I am more aware of what is on my mind these days. Are you aware of what you are thinking? When something or someone wrongs you do you have bitterness? Make it your goal each day, as we all should, to have good encouraging thoughts that build up rather than tear down. Pray that you will be convicted if you start to have ugly thoughts that don't glorify God. Rest assured that every time we do what is right even though it feels wrong we are growing and that is where we need to be in our everyday lives.

1 comment:

Sami Jo said...

Practice makes perfect... I keep telling myself this in many cases. Like Dad would always say Garbage in Garbage out - So I feed my self trash I'm gonna puke the garbage out. If I feed myself love, joy, and truth then I still have to monitor and think before I think and talk but it sure makes things a lot easier... ::sigh:: self-control it's a thorn in my side.