Sunday, June 12, 2011

Can We Just Be Honest?!?!?

Honesty refers to a facet of moral character and denotes positive, virtuous attributes such as integrity, truthfulness, and straightforwardness along with the absence of lying, cheating or theft.
I have decided to take a word for each week and share a little of my thoughts on it.....Hope you will visit each week to read and share your thoughts. 
 As a  child honesty was a very important part of my daily life, I was held accountable for alot of things such as: did you water the horses? Did you feed the chickens? Did you gather eggs? Did you roll all the bales in that field? Did you leave the key on in the tractor? Did you run into the barn with the pickup? :( ......All questions that really wouldn't have stopped the world from turning around but none the less questions that held me accountable and taught me integrity. I know that we are not born to be honest it is taught to us by our parents. Kids learn by example. They watch and listen to their mom's and dad's all the time. Not just the good things we do but the dishonest. Just as we watch our children or grandchildren and correct them when needed God also watches us, we to do not get away with anything, even if we think we do. I praise God for his guiding hand and for his gift to me of the Holy Spirit that convicts me when I am tempted to step out of his will. Honesty effects every aspect of our lives. Our relationship with Christ, with our spouse, our friends and with our employers. We are called to be upstanding, honest people every minute. 
 
              
Hebrews 13:18
Keep praying for us, for we are convinced that we have a good (clear) conscience, that we want to walk uprightly and live a noble life, acting honorably and in complete honesty in all things.

Psalm 7:8

The Lord judges the people; judge me, O Lord, and do me justice according to my  righteousness my rightness, justice, and right standing with You and  according to the integrity that is in me.

Job 31:6
Oh, let me be weighed in a just balance and let Him weigh me, that God may know my integrity!


So as I continue to press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus, I will strive to live each moment with honest integrity in this everyday life.

2 comments:

Sami Jo said...

honestly.... I loved this post <3
sj

Anonymous said...

Honesty is one of my favorite words. I was raised in a home where honesty was not a favorite with my parents. "Honesty" needs to be apart of our foundation in Christ and in our personal lives.