Sunday, January 18, 2009

All because two people fell in love.




Todd and Jackie first met in Twin Falls, rodeoing at the college of Southern Idaho.

We met one evening at practice, on October 4th and by Halloween we were engaged and were married April 4th of 1980. Although I had seen him at practice before we met.

God blessed us in May 1981 with our first daughter Sami Jo, in September of 1983, He sent us Jodi Dawn and another May baby in 1986 completed our family.

Over the next fifteen years we roped, raised kids, and worked hard. We had our share of hard times, for which we praise God for, because in those times we clung to Him and His promises, and each other. And He never failed to provide for our needs.

Todd drove truck for my brother Mark and then for Doug Andrus and in 2002 he was offered a position at NRF at the INL. He is now at RTC at the INL as a Radiological Control Technician.

He loves his job and is a wittness to everyone, they call him "Preacher".

I have been at the INL for 12 years as an administrative assistant. I know support two Directors and three managers. Two departments Radiological Controls and Quality Assurance.

I love my job and my people, but I do get tired of the early mornings and late evenings.

Todd and I thank God daily for our jobs.

We are now on the last leg of a build on job. I am so excited to get into it and out of the kitchen. :)

We have been abundantly blessed with grandbabies; in 2004 Jodi had a baby girl, Bailey was born on December 21st, but in 2007 all the girls got together and decided to see if they could do me in and each girl had a baby with Jodi having Birch on March 14th, Casi giving us Macarti on the 6th of June and Sami finishing the year with Paul on the 6th of September. All beautiful and healthy Praise Jesus.

That brings us to 2009, where we are pressing on each day to glorify God with our lives. We don't always hit it right on, but we know that He will and does give us grace for each moment.

All we have to do is ask.....

No comments: