Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Seasons

Philippians 3:12

Not that I have now attained, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus has laid hold of me and made me His own.

*********************************************************
Have you ever had a season in your life when either you or someone in your life was going through “The Storm?” When things around you or them are so dark that on our own we cannot find our way? That is where we are in our house at this time. We are trusting God not for each day, or minute, but for each breath. Encouraging each other to seek His face, in every thought. When you want to step in and take the reins but need to simply “Be Still.”

Like most mothers, I love my children more than life itself. But, I have a relationship with “My Girls” unlike most, sort of like a rangy black-angus cow when someone is messing with her calf. Each girl has had her season of struggles and as hard as those seasons were, on both of us it has strengthened out relationships, to the point of where each relationship is stronger, deeper and bound by a love that can never be severed, it may bend but never will break. And without these seasons, we would never be as close as we are. So when “The Thief” attempts to kill, steel, or destroy my girls, I take it personally. My first thought may not be to hit my knees but eventually I am lead to that place where all I can do is cry out “I Trust You God.” And praise Him for the test, and pray that our words and actions will bring Him Glory.


Sami Jo, Jodi Dawn and Casi Jean, I love you girls and I am so proud of you. Seek His face daily, feed on His word and Trust Him for guidance for each step.

To the moon
mom

1 comment:

First Born said...

I love you to the moon! Good job with the blog. I thought this background would be good for you. I was thinking of that earlier when we were putting it together. I love it good job!! xoxox you're first