Friday, February 13, 2009

"Give and Receive"

Matthew 22:37

Love the Lord you God with all your heart, soul and mind and love your neighbor as yourself.

The word “Love” is used in the Bible 610 times. Wow, that should show us alone how important it is to God, that we should not only give His Love but also receive His Love. I was thinking about that the other day. We know God Loves us. We read it in His word, we see it daily in how He provided for us. But do or have we actually said I receive your Love Lord? Do we except His Love into each moment of our lives? Are we aware of how much He Loves us? We must say Thank you for your Love, that comes so freely.
A few verses that show us God’s Love are:
Numbers 14:18
The Lord is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love.
Psalm 13:5
But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
Psalm 18:1
I love you, Lord; you are my strength.
Psalm 23:6
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever.
John 3:16
For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
Roamans 5:8
But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.
Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them
1 Corinthians 13:13
Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
Think about it, would you give your only child or any of your children as payment for the sins of people who you do not know, or don’t even wish to know you? Or how about the people who act as if God doesn’t even exists, would you give your child as a payment for someone who mocks or denies your Lord? That took some pretty special, powerful Love. The kind of Love that takes me just as I am, not the kind of Love that says, clean your self up, change your ways before you are worthy. No, God’s Love says I’ll take you just as you are. Come to me dirty, nasty, stinky, hungry, thirsty, happy, sad, or mad. Just come to me.
That’s the kind of Love I must to not only give, but receive.

1 comment:

paula said...

Hey Jackie...

Your blog looks great! The scriptures are very inspiring. So true that we need to know that our GOD is there for us whether we are feeling on top of the world or at the bottom of the trash heap!

thanks, Paula