Sunday, February 22, 2009

"The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand"

Psalm 37:23–24

Father hold me up, that is a honest request from this child to her Lord.
The last few slips, trips or falls have taught me—the walk is too treacherous to make alone.
If I think that I cannot sense the Lord it is because I have moved away, or I have allowed something, someone, some problems, some worries, or some concerns to come between me and the Father.
I have taken my focus off God and put it onto the problem, now my problem seems to big to handle and it is for me, but not for my God.
Like the last part of the Lords prayer “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil” Would God ever lead us into temptation? James 1:13 says, “When people are tempted they should not say, God is tempting me." Evil cannot tempt God, and God himself does not tempt anyone.” So I place my hand in his and say, “Please, Abba, keep me from evil.” “Keep me from the slippery spots. Don’t let me fall again.”
But if I go ahead of God I must back up, ask for His forgiveness, and allow him to lead, guide and direct. The Father is so willing to comply. But to know him more I must spend time with him. I decide how much of my time goes to him.
To say that He has stepped away from me, is so wrong, I know that I am as close to God as I desire to be. I must spend time in His word, meditating on it and pray for him to lead me and then be sensitive to His will. He would never lead me away from him. I decide how much of my life I give to Him, Piece by piece or all of it.
I decide if I am an arms-length away or if I am right in the hands of my Savior.

1 comment:

the lady of the house said...

Oh mom - I needed that. Good message and thanks for sharing :) xoxo, your oldest