Sunday, February 15, 2009

"SWEETHEART BANQUET"

February 14, 2009
Last night was our “Sweetheart Banquet”, this has been a tradition in our church since I can’t even remember when. For the past 5 or more years, one of my favorite cousins, Angie, has done all the planning, decorating, cooking and special speaker and music arrangements for the entire event. She is by far one of the most awesome Christian women I know.
Last nights menu was magnificent again, starting with a mixed greens salad and balsamic vinaigrette dressing, the entrées were stuffed pork loin with scalloped potatoes and fresh asparagus spears, that was Todd’s choice and I had the Burchett Chicken stuffed with pancetta bacon and cheese, accompanied by wild rice and broccoli, num num as Macarti would say.

The message for the event was brought by Assistant Pastor of the Calvary Chapel Church in Idaho Falls, Gordon Boyle. Gordon spoke on Marriage and how God must be the vertical aspect of each marriage, beginning with the husband and wife being the horizontal aspect that enables us to show unconditional love, from the man, and unconditional respect, from the woman.

Ephesians 5:33

says.......Hubands must love your wives as you love yourself, and wives respect your husbands. This is not possible without each individual abiding in Christ.
This message was pretty special to Todd and I, beacuse about 4 or 5 years ago Todd and I did the study of “Love and Respect” by Emerson Eggrichs. It was a great study for us and we suggest it to anyone wanting to strengthen their marriage and bring Glory to God. The entertainment part of the night was brought by our own Praise and Worship team, which includes: Paige McAfee, keyboard, Ann Lagomarsino Bass guitar, Matt Lagomarsino on the Djembes drum, Uncle Mark on the lead guitar and vocal, Rachel Bailey, Casi Echeverria and Todd all vocals as well. The music was great and the message was ideal.
The whole evening was uplifting and encouraging.

3 comments:

the lady of the house said...

Mamamia! Good Job on your blog! It is looking good and I love this post. Thanks for the descriptions... I was wondering how the banquet went :) Love ya to the moon!

Anonymous said...

Mom, that food makes my mouth water. Someday I'm going to make that custard stuff. I'm glad you and dad got a romantic night together. I'm thankful he's home for you now. Love you tons! Jodi

Anonymous said...

So glad you and Todd had a good time at the banquet. You are so sweet to add the details to your blog. It was a good time and I'm glad so many took the time to come to the dinner.
I will definitely give you the recipes, I'll have to try to remember how I tweaked them haha, somehow they change depending on my mood! I'm glad the speaker was good, I was worried about the time, but many said he was good to listen to. Thanks again for always supporting me and all your constant encouragement. Love ya, Ang