Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Call

The call came in just like I knew it would, just like I had been expecting and yet I get got sick to my stomach to hear the words from Todd……”the transplant will be on the 30th of March”. I couldn’t breathe, I got dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. For once I had no words....I had words but they just wouldn’t come out. My mind was screaming “please Lord make this be a nightmare” but yet my heart knew this was God at work……at work in Clay, at work in Todd and at work in me. This is actually "growing fruit" time for all of our family; I knew that the first minute Todd told me about the call from Clay.
The past 60 days, 1440 hours, 8640 minutes, have been a battle for me; a battle to not throw down the flag, to scream No Way, whatever it would take to call this off. But that would be taking control and that is not where I want to be and it certainly is not where God wants me to be.
There is no one, that loves, needs, or desires their husband as I do Todd. It has always been that way, even in the rocky, dark, stinking rotten days, (and we have had our share). We met on the 4th of October and were engaged on the 31st. Love at first sight is what people call it, some say there is no such thing, but I know different.
For 30 years we have been married, and our next anniversary will be spent in Sanford University Hospital in San Francisco, with me watching my husband recover from a major surgery that could take his life, but yet give life to another. A surgery that didn’t take my husband but a minute to offer to his friend. A friend who had called to share that he had given his life to Christ one minute and to tell us he was dying the next.

Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:3

I pray that all this will bring Glory to God, that we will be able to share with everyone we meet, the love of God and his gift of eternal life. I pray that through this I will be a light and that even though there will be minutes or even hours that I will be crying Abba Father, that I will lift up my eyes and cling to my maker, knowing full well that no matter how hard this is, I know...

that God will work all things for the good of those who love him, Romans 8:28.
You are welcome to share in next 4 or 5 months, but it will not be just another day in this everyday life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing sister, what a ministry you find yourselves in. Praying...Lori

Sami Jo said...

My eyes are welling up with tears. It's from both of overflowing pride and fear.

Debbie said...

Wow! Praying for you both in this journey. Love ya!