Saturday, January 1, 2011

The First Day of the New Year

Waiting on God
Waiting or being patient is one of the hardest things to do, it is for me anyways.
I am one person who likes to make a decision and then get on it and get it done; you know,
so you can go on to the next project or decision. ha ha
I used to be real bad at making a list of what needed done and just going at it, probably a good trait if
not abused. I have learned a lot of lessons in the 50 years I have lived and one of the most valuable lesson is to wait, I don't mean to be lazy and wait for someone else to take care of it but I am talking about obediently waiting on the Lord. Seeking His will, asking for His hand.
I have found that when I ask God for direction and wait on him, his timing is always best.
Sometimes he causes me to wait because I am not ready for where He wants to lead me. Sometimes I have too much garbage in my life to move on. We all have plans, dreams and goals, but if we are packing garbage like a bad attitude or disrespect or something that we have allowed to control us, then God will not take us to the next step.  We may have to stay at that frustrating job or in that situation we are in until He thinks we are ready for the next step. This past year I made great strides in getting healthier physically and spiritually, it has taken a lot of work, and some days I didn't do so good, but I continued on, one step at a time waiting for God to lead me where I need to be, and not rushing ahead only to find out that I went the wrong way. I will trust God for each day of this new year. I have such a long ways to go but looking back it is easy to see that through it all, when I was still and waited on the Lord the results were far better than anything I could have done on my own.
I am excited to continue on with this journey in the coming new year and I hope that you will stop by and be encouraged as I share this everyday life.

No comments: