Sunday, January 23, 2011

One day at a time.....

This past was such a hard one, we were told by Stanford that it would be two weeks before they had and answer, so if you know me, you know I counted it out and circled the date that we should of heard from them. Well that day came and went and so did the next day. Todd finally got a call from Sanford late Friday; I was driving home from Idaho Falls when Todd called and tole me what they said, he was told that he was the best candidate for lots of reasons, mostly because he is alot bigger than Clay and 40% of Todd's liver would give Clay a good sized piece of liver to start with. This news made me proud of my husband, but yet a chill of fear came over me once again that reminded me of the day Clay called Todd and he offered to be tested. But I quickly started thinking of how this whole thing would bring Glory to our King and how He promises to work all things for our good, my Lord knows how much I love and need my husband; as well as our daughters and their husbands and our precious grandbabies, and I remembered that God is still in control and we are to be obedient and trust him completely, in the good and the hard times we must praise him always. That is what I will continue to do one day at a time in this everyday life.

2 comments:

Sami Jo said...

It just came to me that we should pick a "theme" verse for this trial, this little bend in the road. Something for all of us that we can put up and cling to. A good reminder... think about what it should be and I will to. Hearts, SJ

Brian and Jodi Brown said...

Oh my mother dear. I love you.