Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Journey, Day 9

This Journey....Day 9,
Spent a quiet day, thinking back on the years
we spent hauling the girls to rodeos and jackpots.
Making new friends and strengthening the ties with old friends.
We became like one BIG family, my kids were encouraged and loved by other parents and I claimed their kids as my own. If need be, I would haul, feed or give another kid a place to sleep. Our motel rooms was like a help-your-self, your-welcome-here house. Girls and guys alike would want to be around to play in the pool, play cards with the girls' dad, or eat and they were welcome. Just as my kids were at their folk's place....
Today we got the sad news that one of those good kids was killed in a car accident this morning. A real good kid, and it shook us all up. I can't even imagine what his folks and brother are going through. He was known all over for His bullriden abilities and that He loved the Lord.
This tragedy got me to thinking how quickly things can change, how one minute we are here and the next gone, like a vapor. I wonder what will I be doing when my Father calls me home, will it be Glorifying to him? Will I be arguing with a family member? Will I be angry at the time I take my last breath? Or will it be during that all day struggle of a case of the "what about Me's?" What ever the case, I must abide in Christ, Press toward the mark, Be a light and Spread the News that it doesn't matter how you go, but that you know for a fact where you are going.
Sure everyone will miss this young man, but I know we will see him again, resting at our Fathers feet, where there is room for everyone.
We don't have to live everyday in fear of the future, but live it in the knowledge that we have been bought by the blood of Christ and nothing can snatch from His hands.
Till Next Time, God's Blessings
Jackie

1 comment:

Sami Jo said...

Gulp... I cynin'!