Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This Journey, Day 13

One thing that I wanted to instill in my girls while they we're growing up was to always tell the truth. One thing I despise is a liar.

I have a confession.........I feel like I have to be truthful. I had such a stinking rotten day I was just about to not only not write a post tonight but stop this journey altogether, yup, I was ready to pull it over to the side of the road, throw the keys out the window, get out and walk away. Satan attacked me from every side, I couldn't believe it. It started as soon as I walked into my office. I had people needing this and that, and did you forget this and what about these people did you add them to the distribution, my computer isn't working can you get someone over here? Can you whip up my org chart with these changes? I'll just stand here and wait. Then a very sweet guy I work with brought me a bowl of caramel corn, yeah that's right caramel corn. I told him I couldn't and that he could take it back or I would bring the bowl home for Todd. Then there was the can you email me this? can you mail this? did you mail this? Can you create this? Can you have this Data Board Made by printing? Did my new cpu come in? Will you order these supplies? I need a shoe voucher, do we have more paper? on and on and one till I thought I was going to go crazy. Then the final straw Why isn't my title, Quality Engineer, by my name on the org. chart? I thought I was going to blow, but I walked away. I went back to my desk and told God, " I need you Lord, I need you to help me not punch that lady" I had bad thoughts, I fought them back went back and told her that the org. chart was the way the Director wanted it, and that as soon as I could talk with him I would tell him you concern. Anger is a hard thing for me and I was and am ashamed of myself for letting her junk effect me the way it did.
I shared this with my awesome husband and he told me to continue on the battle of abiding and taking every evil thought captive and turning it over to him. Our bible study centered on abiding in him, and how the Holy Spirit comes to our aid.
It was just what I needed to get me back on the road, pressing forward and keeping my eyes on my guide.

Till Next Time, God's Blessings

Jackie

2 comments:

Sami Jo said...

I love that! I alone know the plans I have for you... What a goody! I think I'll write that out and put it on the fridge xoxo Love ya ma!:)

cowgirlwannabe said...

Wow what a day you had! I hope they pay you well for that. All the people asking you for stuff, dont they have any responsibility for taking care of things themselves? I'm glad you were able to overcome your anger with the Lords help. Hope you have a better day today.