Sunday, August 2, 2009

REIN ME IN LORD
The other day while we were in Church and had just finished with singing
One of my favorite Praise songs. Really speaks to me, I so ache for the Lord tobe in control of my every thought and action. For the past month Pastor has been taking us through the first chapter of James, one of my most favorite books of the Bible. We are in the middle of
James 1:22-26, and James 1:26 we are told "if anyone thinks of himself to be religious and does not "bridle" his tongue but deludes his own heart, this person's religious service is worthless." at that time I lean over to our daughter Casi, and said "Lord Rein Me In" which to some people means nothing but those of us who have been raised around and on horses, green and seasoned, knows that the right bit makes the difference. If you have ever had a run away on any fresh off the track 4 year old or hard mouth retired race horse, "Rein Me In" means alot. Sometimes that is how I feel, like I just need reined in. I need my Abba Father to take back the control of my heart and mind and calm this childs soul, to where I am of use to Him. Out of control is never a good place to be, but its seems we all let ourselves get there from time to time. When we are under pressure, anxious, stressed, upset, we have to allow the Lord to calm us, rest in His presents. Just as we would say to a nervous colt that is not sure what to do next, we must be still and ask the Lord to direct our every thought and in this He will be able to "rein me in".

No comments: