Monday, September 14, 2009

What's On Your Mind?

Moment by moment I have to grab hold of my thinking and refocus my thoughts on the Lord.
I allow my thinking to turn to things that can become my priority, and will crowd out my Savior when I am not constantly abiding in Him.
The book and Bible study “Battlefield of the Mind” by Joyce Meyer is excellent and Todd and I have started the study. I suggest it to everyone.
Taking each negative thought captive and replacing it with thoughts of the Lord is a big part of the battle, along with spending time with the Lord in His word, meditating on His goodness, putting on your armor is what we must purpose to do each morning and through-out the day.
We all have things that battle for the number one spot in our minds: Marriages good and/or troubled, our Homes, problems with children, work, debt, how we look, or how about how we don’t look? Our health can be a big problem. When we are not feeling good it steals our thoughts from our creator and puts it on ourselves…………..why me? When will this pain end?

2 Corinthians 10:5

Casting down arguments and .....bringing every thought into captivity to the obediance of Christ.

2 Corinthians 12:9

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

I try to claim a verse from time to time and repeat it, and many of God’s promises to myself to remind me of His love for me and that if I will only trust Him he will take care of all the rest. He will, I have seen Him do it!
Sometime, set down and make a list of some of the things God has just taken care of, without you even asking. Or some of your answered prayers, we have tons!
Keeping our every thought, one that will glorify our Lord and Savior will win the battle.

3 comments:

the lady of the house said...

good post for me! xoxo love ya ma SJ

DORBAND FAMILY said...

Thank you so much for praying for us! We are so grateful for all of the people who don't even know us, but who stand with us:) You have touched our hearts!

Hope said...

I really love this post! This is what I am working on also...bringing every thought into captivity

1 Peter 5:5
Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

How blessed it is to have His grace.

Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment. I see you have me on your blog list...wow, how nice of you! I am adding you also; I really like your blog.

♥Hope