Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Amazing Grace "
by Chris Tomlin
If you haven't heard this song on the radio you are missing out. The great Hymn
that has never spoke so much to me as it has the last month.
I have never doubted the love my Savior has for me, and I never will.
But some trials that are blowing through our Church and Church family
like the stench of a rotting carcass, make me wonder how, if there is nothing I can do that is so bad that my Abba Father would ever forsake me, then why can we not show the same forgiveness to our brothers and sisters in Christ. How can a believer who has been shown mercy not in return show it to others? The answer? Sin in the form of selfishness. The stinking rotten "It's all about me" disease. It will consume you and can only end in death.
I am crushed to the point of not being able to breathe with the hate and bitterness that is in and around my family and friends. It grieves me to think that each thinks they are in the right when in fact it is so far from God's Word that I can't recognize it. What has become of these people I love so much, were they just merely existing, pretending to love each other, to have forgiven as they were? No its there, it has always been there and now like a cancer that has been in remission, it is back and it is back with a vengeance, But there is hope, and I know that we can.....
consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4
and then
Blessed is a man who perseveres under trial; for once he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.
James 1:12
And even though it may cause me to grieve so badly that I cannot breathe, My Lord...... My God......... My Savior......... He is the one in control and no matter how bad it gets, this child will stand, on the word.
The words of this song give me strength and I praise the Lord each time I hear it.
Amazing grace How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace
The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures
The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God,
Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine
**********
Stand strong, Press On
jackie

4 comments:

COUNTRY MOM said...

I have really enjoyed reading your beautiful blog. Many Blessings,

Brian and Jodi Brown said...

Love you, everything will work out.

the lady of the house said...

This is a very good post ma, I know it is hard but I'm so proud of you and pa!

Hope said...

I love the scripture you used here…so edifying…so hopeful!

How precious is our Savior that he would die for us! May we LIVE for Him!

♥Hope